Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 9/23 - 9/30

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 9/23 - 9/30
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 06:59:49

On Thursday last week I flew to South Carolina to attend the Triple Tree Fly-In.
As always, it didn't disappoint. The airplane behaved great and really enjoyed
the flight.

To my surprise, I got there to be greeted by fellow Europa flyer John Wigney.
This
was quite a fun surprised since I have never been in a Fly-In were two Europas
were present! And I got to see John take off which seeing an Europa fly from
the ground is a first for me (yes, never seen one in the air because I am
always sitting inside of mine  :D).

The TT Fly-In is a beautiful venue and something I recommend anyone to do if you
can. All went well except that I thought I prepared myself better this year
for the camping part but still froze during the night (it was 48F) and that is
too cold for me.

And although I got a lot of compliments for the overall quality of the build and
even its current finish state, my airplane was the ugliest unpainted airplane
in the fly-in! So I am going to hold until mid October because I want to fly
it to the Thomasville GA fly-in and then will ground the airplane, take it apart
and begin the painting process. Finally.

Some pictures included including John's departure. I will add a few more during
the day so you can enjoy the beauty of this event.

Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/tt_camping_974.jpg