Europa-List: Re: Baggage Weight Limit and LR Tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Baggage Weight Limit and LR Tank
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 07:24:53

Thanks David and Jim for the replies. It is now clear to me that the 80 lb limit
is strictly for the aft shelf in the XS.

David, I concur with you that some empty CG adjustment would help and will do
that
when I paint the airplane (which will surely shift the CG further aft).

I do have my battery at the firewall but it is very light so it doesn't do much
in terms of fwd CG. I think my CG is a bit aft because my airplane has pretty
much no avionics and minimalistic electrical system. My DUC prop is also light
at only 9 lbs.

But it is easy for me to load the airplane and stay within max gross (I use
1370#)
and published CG. But yes, it is also easy to exceed aft limit if not careful.

I don't fly outside the published limits.

Chris

Read this topic online here: