Re: Europa-List: Baggage Weight Limit and LR Tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Baggage Weight Limit and LR Tank
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:35:46
Chris, I am away from my plane (actually in Connecticut) and all its
paperwork so answering without relevant figures. I would suggest you
could treat the long range tank as a separate item broadly. You could
measure from its centre point to the firewall joggle to get its lever
arm figure, which I suspect will be less than that given for luggage and
if so this would give you extra leeway on putting a bit more luggage in
without breaking COG limits. On the other hand it does sound as though
your COG is inconveniently far back and it might be worth considering
doing something to change that, like moving the battery to the engine
compartment or getting a constant speed prop if either is applicable.
Busting the rear COG limit is not to be recommended. An ideal COG allows
weights. Mine allows that. From memory I think it is around 60.5" but
could be wrong.

Happy landings, David Joyce, GXSDJ