Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 9/16 - 9/23

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 9/16 - 9/23
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:03:35

Relatively quiet at this end. I painted the access covers to start getting
excited
about painting the airplane. It is working. Will fly to Triple Tree this week
and then Thomasville Fly-Ins and then will probably ground the airplane for
painting. I plan to make it a slow process since stamina is at a premium lately
and I want to do most (if not all) of it in-house. The Covers served as a
test of primer combinations with weight and finish in mind. Came out pretty nice
except for nobs here and there because I painted outside and not in a spray
both. The paint was also very old (25 yrs old). Yes, that's a stretch, but the
base looked perfect and the activator was surprisingly crystal clear. It cured
fine but you can tell it lost some of it's solid's holding ability. I will
be using new paint on the airplane, of course, procured from Southern
Polyurethanes
which makes the wonderful epoxy primer I used and still holding strong.

Picture included.

Took cowling off to inspect engine in preparation for my trip to Triple-Tree
this
week.

Best,
Chris