Europa-List: Re: query on fitting cockpit glazing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: query on fitting cockpit glazing
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:15:13

Hi Rowland
I had the same advice from Nev.
I took off all the Gel Coat from the rebates, not only to give a good bond but
the windscreens are slightly thicker than the rebates and taking the Gel Coat
off also minimises the amount of filler needed to get a good transition from the
plexiglass to door and fuselage mouldings.
I also removed the Gel Coat from the side of the rebate so the Araldite gets a
good bond around the edge of the screens as well. I filled the edge gap with the
araldite rather than filler.
Worked ok for me although I still have the filler task to do to get a smooth
profile.
Good time to put the windscreens in - no problems with the 420 curing in this
heat!

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston