Europa-List: What you did with your Europa this week

Subject: Europa-List: What you did with your Europa this week
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 06:24:06

I had a bit of a disappointment this week. Setting off on Saturday taking my
wife
Gabi on a short visit to nearby Hinton in the Hedges airfield, we discovered
the passenger seat belt broken. The small plastic Tee piece that reacts against
the spring to latch to the other lap strap was in two pieces inside the
receptacle.
We did the short trip by road.
My granddaughters 6, 7 and 8 years old were traveling up the next day to fly
with
grandad.
Now every grandad knows, you do not disappoint the granddaughters.
I managed to borrow a friends C42 to do the three vip trips.
The seat belt had failed after only 4 people had sat in the right hand side, a
bit disappointing and thinking about it, I am unsure I trust plastic internals
with my or my families life. Any thoughts?
An RV builder friend has pointed me towards Crow safety gear.
On the brighter side, I can fly solo, which I am doing this morning, Tuesday.

All the best Alan Twigg
G-GIWT Mono Motorglider kit 463.

Sent from my iPad