Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/9 - 7/15

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/9 - 7/15
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:11:57

Ron,
About a degree flaps up and flaps down on the port wing.

Not a bad stall difference, just not normal for my bird.  Tweaked it a bit and
flew today.  Damned adequate now.  Still not perfect.

My cover over my TCU works quite well at a ramp temp of 100F and full power
climb
at 90 KIAS to 7500 feet.  After landing the temp never got above 100F on the
footwell with the fan running.  It is supposed to run for 15 minutes but the
battery only lasted about 5 (three-year-old battery).   Looks like my Chinese
NiCd fan battery died/is dying.  Still the footwell thermometer never went above
101F.  Well within the TCU temp limits.

My Stratux ADS-B stopped seeing traffic last flight.  Most likely
programming/boot
error or the old style receivers can't take the heat in the aft fuselage.
Still dead today.

Perhaps it is time to go back to Digikey/Mouser/Allied and get quality made
electrical
components/parts.  Cheap Chinese are just that for electronic components.
Good for experimenting but not for longevity is what I am finding.  I could
be wrong.  I could have paid more for name brand.  12 volt components running
at 13.8 volts may be the issue also.  Time will tell.  Resistors in line may
be all I need to drop the voltage a bit.

Read this topic online here: