Re: Europa-List: Re: Bowed doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Bowed doors
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:08:55
I got a thinner door seal but the same section, from Woolies, in the UK. Mad
e all the difference, after struggling for months.
Alan
G-GIWT Motorglider

Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Apr 2022, at 18:36, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wr
ote:

> =EF=BB
> yeah -
> part of the issue, well more precisely 50% of the issue, is the extremely t
hick (and heavy door) seal which is hard to compress.  I am seriously thinki
ng about installing a Home depot soft draft excluder.
> William Daniell
> LONGPORT
> +1 786 878 0246
>

>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 4:44 PM n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Will,
>>
>> Not sure I can (or should) recommend much but I would touch bases with Bu
d. He has a nice write up on building the doors and make them fit properly. H
eat is mentioned a lot but on a door that is already built not sure how that
 would go.

>> I would think that removing the doors, Fixturing carefully to impart stre
ss in the direction you want to correct the bow and judicious application of
 heat would be the way to go.

>> Depending on where the bow is (you don't mention) there has been a lot of
 discussion on installing a latch half way at the bottom of the door.

>> But don't take my word for it since I really never had a need to do somet
hing like that. My doors where already built and are actually the doors used
 on the Europa USA mockup they used at the shows (or so I was told) and I th
ink that the years heat and abuse has cured them enough to make them hold th
eir shape!.