Europa-List: Re: I didnt understand about the gas smell until I started

Subject: Europa-List: Re: I didnt understand about the gas smell until I started
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 06:55:48

Will,

I used Gates Barricade hoses as recommended by Bud. Still get a whiff of smell
once in a while. I noticed that I get it only at some specific speeds and traced
it to the air from my vent looping around the baggage compartment and pushing
air at me at my back.

Discovering the leak at the tank vent boss and fixing it helped. Time will tell
if it is really gone.

Hoping that one day unleaded avgas becomes more readily available and it doesn't
smell like dead dinosaur poop so much :)

Chris

Read this topic online here: