Re: Europa-List: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/10 - 1/17

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/10 - 1/17
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:12:24
In Florida we have had a rare weather situation - last weekend was not a
perfect flying weekend.

Recently I have changed the bushings and all the hoses in front of the
firewall.  In the process I installed a thermostat because I have the
unusual condition of an engine which runs too cold - oil temps down to
55C in winter (florida winter min 65F).  The thermostat has definitely
cured this issue and the oil temp sits between 85-110C.
I also installed a bandc voltage regulator with built in OVP protection.
This is a nice looking unit and now my voltage is steady at 14.3.  Better
yet I have removed the separate OVP and relay because the bandC unit has
OVP built in.  This also appears to have cured the occasional runaway amp
reading - amps running up to 70A and then shutting down the dynon
instrument.
I also installed a new brush unit in my airmaster.
My old style front wheel had a loose bearing and was a bit wobbly.
Regreased and tightened up everything.

Next task to change all the hoses aft of the firewall.

it never ends does it?

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+1 786 878 0246