Re: Europa-List: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/20 - 12/

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/20 - 12/26
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 15:43:57
Busy putting some weekly flight time on my Classic these days (an hour at a
time lol).  Have been troubleshooting my new CYA100 AOA which has a habit
of going intermittent, and it's hopefully a connector issue not requiring a
full rewire and removal of panel etc. (I had reused the builder's original
now removed and replaced inop AOA's fuse/wing-wiring).  I love flying in
the winter - smooth and great performance.  That said, I've spoiled myself
with a heated hangar - which I need to justify (propane is crazy expensive
these days!) so the more flight hours the better. So far about 70hrs since
getting it back into the air in September after a main frame repair for a
bent pivot tube which I have now re-enforced with a truss... along with a
laundry list of "make it mine" mods/improvements/fixes.

Just added an unedited (read boring) vid to my Youtube channel with the
latest AOA recal. Normally my airport does a great job with clearing
the pavement, but this flight was on glare ice surfaces.... makes
tailwheeling really smooth and easy peasy ;-) but runups not so much lol

Generally I find that if I fly the AOA to the runway I can reliably nail
the short full stall landings - luv it. Gives me more confidence than the
ASI how much I've got left - leaving me generally too fast.  Now if I could
ensure it is reliable :-)

https://youtu.be/19zLV5ddrag

Cheers,
PeteZ