Europa-List: Propeller Sizing

Subject: Europa-List: Propeller Sizing
From: Monoman <mike@nyumba.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 02:22:36

Hello Group
Firstly apologies if this is a repeat as I was not clear if the original had
sent.
I am currently changing the engine on my classic mono (const no 33) from a Rotax
80HP to a 100HP unit.
The original engine was fitted with an Airmaster 3 blade VP fitted with Warp
Drive
blades (T12981) giving a swept Dia of 62". I am very keen to retain the
Airmaster
hub and have been advised by Airmaster that this set up should work for
the 100HP engine.
However I have also been advised that these blades will not be suitable and
should
change to Warp Drive blades giving a swept Dia of 64".
My question is are any of you classic mono flyers out there using a 64" prop on
an Airmaster VP hub and has it worked well?

Thanks
Mike
G-DURO

Read this topic online here: