Re: Europa-List: Re: Trim setting question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Trim setting question
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:10:38
Pete,
Agree, I set three units down for take-off.
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 28/12/2021, at 11:08 AM, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>

> Sounds familar, tho with full power and your trim setting, I've got alot o
f push required on climbout- not good (to me). I take off with the indicator
 pretty well half way down the down side for a more balanced stick, which re
sults in a forward trimmed stick on engine failure, which i prefer.

> Cheers!
> PeteZ
>
>> On Dec 27, 2021, at 4:11 PM, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:

t.net>

>> Interesting this has come up.  Our trim has always been near the bottom o
f the indicator in cruise.  I assumed it was because we usually traveled wit
h Jethro, a 50 pound dog in the rear.  But after Jethro died, we adopted Fin
n who is only 20 pounds.  The trim still is near the bottom which confirms t
he operation is correct.

>> I verified the tailplane trim tab relationship like Pete Z and all is wel
l. The change in CG between 50# and 20# isn't much so it all makes sense.

>> I haven't verified, but I understand that the trim motor runs further tha
n the indicator, ie you have more down trim available after the indicator is
 at the bottom.

>> I use the trim indicator a lot.  The "0" or middle position trims the pla
ne for about 65 kts with gear extended. That is the takeoff configuration.  D
uring landing I set the trim to one or two lines above the "0" position whic
h results in about 55 -60 kts with gear extended.  With the speed set, I con
trol rate of descent with power.  It works nicely.

=========
=========
=========
=========