Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 09:09:17
=EF=BBAgree with Duncan and John. My alternative is a visual check of the
 back bolt engaged with a red placard against the door rim. See photos below
.  Not mandatory here in NZ due to the modification not being a Europa Aircr
aft Company mandatory mod.
Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 18/12/2021, at 12:30 AM, D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net> wrote
:
ktalk.net>

> My main concern with the external mod is that an enthusiastic passenger th
at is not being 101% supervised will attempt to force the bolts against the n
ew stop and, in doing so, will buckle the internal pushrod resulting in unde
tected(?) and diminished rear bolt engagement. Will the door still come unla
tched?
> At the very least, it still comes down to pre-flight checking that the doo
r is adequately latched.

> Duncan McF
>
>> On 17 December 2021 at 08:34 John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>>

>> I think simple CFD is great but think it unwise to distribute snap shot s
 as they can be taken out of context.   The Europa fuse and canopy Are class
ic in form and will generate a range of differential pressures depending on s
peed, alpha, beta and altitude.

>> The net lift on the door can be calculated using data from a full sweep.
 But that just tells us what we already know - that doors do depart the airc
raft if the front pin disengages from the front socket.

>> In designing an alternate to the UglyMod, utilising a simple shear pin th
at  is inserted from inside, we retain the clean external shape of the aircr
aft.    It prevents the door opening enough to be ripped off.

=========
=========
=========
=========