Europa-List: Induction cold air plenum

Subject: Europa-List: Induction cold air plenum
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 06:18:07

Dear Europa fans,

I am in the process of removing the two K&N cone style air filters that have
served
me well for the first 100 hrs of my new Europa flying career and replacing
them with the induction cold air plenum (per strong recommendation from Bud!).

I have installed the plenum and I am in the process of making the NACA scoop.
However,
I have found that the plenum is so high that it sits very close to the
cowling to the point that clearance at each of the plenum's forward corners is
minimal. The biggest issue I see is that the NACA scoop bottom sits bellow the
top surface of the plenum, very different from what the manual shows and
certainly
doesn't look very efficient from an air flow perspective.

Just to check, are there two different plenums for the Classic and XS? Mine was
not in the kit and was donated by a nice person in the UK so not sure if I have
the right one. If the same them I guess it is what it is.

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris

Read this topic online here: