Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs source?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs source?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 12:32:52
Thx Bud etal,

Nuther question:  I=99m repairing my second cracked clean off exhaust f
lange. :(. Im surprised the heavy classic muffler is not suspended from the e
ngine-side frame. Anyone else see these failures?

Cheers and thx!
PeteZ

> On Nov 18, 2021, at 11:31 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> Look to motorcycle supply sources or shops.  The Classic and XS exhaust is
 prone to exhaust spring resonance fatigue, corrosion, weakening and failure
.

> Buy quality stainless springs that will pull about 1/2", put a 1/4" bead o
f high temp silicone to dampen vibration, run a .040 safety wire loop just s
nug to retain pieces and prevent components from failing to seal and also to
 prevent damage and dropped objects.

ronics.com> on behalf of Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 3:49:28 PM
> To: europa-list <europa-list@matronics.com>
> Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust springs source?
>
> My fine classic was missing one of its exhaust springs, and ive been havin
g a hard time sourcing (been using regular springs as a stop gap).