Europa-List: Re : Flying In Rain

Subject: Europa-List: Re : Flying In Rain
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:13:59
On occasion, I have flown through light rain with my XS monowheel,
N262WF. What I have noticed is that the airspeed will fall off by 5 to
10 kts and then recovers as the rain is dried off. Quite a surprising
demonstration of the efficiency of Don Dykin's laminar flow aerofoil.

Cheers, John
Mooresville, North Carolina

"Area-51" <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> Has anyone got an experience
theyd like to share regarding flying the europa through either showers
or very light rain and how these conditions may affect the aircrafts
performance? For example a Schrieb Motorfalks stall speed is raised 5kt
if water droplets collect across the wings surface during light rain...
Read this topic online here:
http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=503590#503590/