Re: Europa-List: XS Main Gear Legs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Main Gear Legs
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:48:21
It might also be the effect of rolling the a/c backwards against the toe-in of
the gear; Other aircraft (eg Jabiru) display this effect.

Otherwise, it takes accident damage to induce a permanent set to the taper-rod
legs of a Rans S6, for example.

Duncan McF.

> On 12 September 2021 at 01:55 William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Arwel,
>
>     Before you tear your plane apart are you sure this isnt pilot paranoia.
(I suffer from this from time to time)

>     Measure at least 3 times in as many different ways as you can conceive.
And measure again.   And make sure your reference point is level.

>     It might also be the build.   One end of my tail is 13mm lower than the
> other
despite my best efforts.  (Flies fine though.)