Europa-List: Re: Aeroquip FC699 hose?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aeroquip FC699 hose?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 08:17:35

Hi John I like Aeroquips AQP elastomer compound. A number of Europas use
FC332-08
which uses a push on Barb fitting. Bend radius min. is 5". I don't much like
the fittings, I like swedge fittings in steel FWF. I have my 914 set up for
-08 flare fittings. Aeroquip makes FC498-08 and FC598-08 (blue and black) which
have same construction dimensions and weight as FC332-08. Construction is AQP
internal hose, polyester braid for strength and AQP covering. Bend radius is
4" min. and weight is .15lbs per foot. Cost is a little more than the FC332-08.
They both take steel global swedge fittings. My interest is in FC699-08.
Construction
is AQP internal hose, Kevlar braid for strength and a woven polyester
covering. The Kevlar braid and Polyester braid allows for 2" min radius bending.
Dimensions are identical to above including pressure and temp rating. Cost
is a little less than FC-498-08 or FC598-08 and use the same steel swedge
fittings.
So reason for interest in FC699-08 is 2" min. bend radius, great AQP elastomer,
steel -08 flare swedge fittings, slight weight reduction at .12lbs per foot.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: