Re: Europa-List: Re: Cushion for XS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cushion for XS
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 10:20:01
One note of caution - Impact foam is quite heavy. I think it is a great
safety feature and worth having in any aircraft. It probably let my
friend get away with a non displaced vertebral fracture instead of a
paralysis when he had a very heavy crash landing destroying the plane,
but it doesn't need fully sculpted seats. A couple of layers of denser
foam in the seat well could be covered with removable cushions made of
lighter material and be more readily adjustable for differing
pilots/passengers, saving quite a few pounds. Regards, David Joyce,
GXSDJ