Re: Europa-List: Europa Classic Tail Spring Attachment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Classic Tail Spring Attachment
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:57:38

I've had a bolt break, due to torsional loads in the spring during taxiing
turns,
exacerbated by some loosening of the captive nut. A number of mods have been
done to provide an additional steel plate on top of the spring (and somehow
connected at its ends with the lower steel plate) in order to divert the
torsional
loads from the bolt.

Duncan McF.

> On 25 June 2021 at 09:08 Ron Peach <ronpeach1@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Anyone had any issues with the tail spring attachment bolt fixing on the
> Europa
classic?

> The laid up ply and steel plate on mine appear to have been crushed ever so
> slightly
but enough for me want to fix immediately. Can't feel any movement but
when i grab the spring and apply lateral pressure it creaks, indicating some
movement even if I can't feel it.