Europa-List: Re: Flap limiting speed 83 kts exceeded

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap limiting speed 83 kts exceeded
From: Paul M 383 <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:16:29

JonathanMilbank wrote:
>  ...create an intermediate 18 degree detent notch, which happens to lie
> approximately
halfway along the slot...

> Why Neville specified 18 degrees is something I never questioned, ... if ...
different Vfe speeds for varying flap settings, then ... Vfe for 18 degrees
would
be considerably higher than 83 knots; perhaps a lot closer to 100 knots.

> That was a long-winded explanation where I could simply have replied 'as well
as'.

Yes it was (:-D), but it answers my question, thanks.

Might 18 be the takeoff flap setting for a Trigear? I don't have one but you do
and I guess it's in the Owner's Manual? This might then answer your question
(on Vfe for 18) ... if you read Bud's reply and do some math(s).

HTH

G-PLPM

Read this topic online here: