Europa-List: Re: How to disconnect flap actuator from FL26

Subject: Europa-List: Re: How to disconnect flap actuator from FL26
From: Chris Callicott <c.callicott1@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 10:53:34

Hi Bud,
Thanks for your response. I concur with your views.
I am on the final lap of a 2 year restoration when the actuator failed on a
shakedown
flight.
I may have to drill a hole in one of the baggage bay support panels in order to
remove the AN4-23 bolt from FL26. This may allow me to change to motor and
retain
the existing lead screw.
If I can access the other end of the lead screw with the wings and flaps removed
---From the fuselage, I will swap out the complete actuator. I would appreciate
your view on whether or not this is possible.
Many thanks for your notes, published on the Europa Club site. They have already
been hugely helpful.

Read this topic online here: