Europa-List: Lifted aircraft nose.

Subject: Europa-List: Lifted aircraft nose.
From: John Kirkgaard <john.kirkegaard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 10:15:21

I have found that the previous owner of my Canadian imported Europa XS
have extended the vertical nose wheel spindle 50 mm and installed a 50 mm
spacer.
That means that the nose is lifted 50 mm up leaving the plane in a more
nose up attitude when it's on the ground, and off course the wings in a higher
AOA.
It's probable done to give more prop clearance for the 68" Woodcomp 3000/2
propeller.
Have anyone of you had experience with the behavior of the aircraft during
take off and landing with the nose gear lowered this 50 mm.
I can't really see if it matters or not.

Read this topic online here: