Europa-List: Re: AVmap EFIS Ultra feedback please

Subject: Europa-List: Re: AVmap EFIS Ultra feedback please
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 17:04:05

I have an AvMap Ultra -

The swinging the compass part is a right royal pain in the back side.

As per the instructions. I turned on all flight instruments prior to commencing
the swing - all four cardinal points and the aircraft is supposed to be as near
to flight attitude as you can make it.

It works but may need recalibrating from time to time.

To be honest, I got mine more for the nice AH display - looks cool in the centre
of my panel.  Be warned - the AH is a little slow to react to changes of
attitude.

Other features are also useful but the display is so small I find I use my IPad
& GPS for such things as ground speed and other instruments for air speed and
climb/decent.

--------
46

Read this topic online here: