Re: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 07:41:23

Im having trouble finding the R2. Even from the rotax site. Anyone have a direct
linky, or attach?

Many thx,
Pete

> On Apr 26, 2021, at 12:30 PM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I want to thank all of you that participated in this discussion. I personally
have to say I have learned a lot in the subject of operating a Europa with a
GA prop.

> I think that of particular value has been all the data received regarding
> RPM/MAP
and speeds for the Europa monowheel.

> The discovery of the latest Rotax SL-912-016 is of particular interest. I
> still
need to read this SL in detail but the chart presented is a total departure
---From all the information presented in the past. If I interpret it correctly,
with RON 95, you have to be at 5500 RPM to be 100% sure you will not have a
detonation
event at WOT. On the other hand, anything over 4000 RPM with RON 98 @
WOT is safe.

> In the usual Rotax way, it leaves you scratching your head but I welcome the
change. For now I decided to switch to premium 93 octane (US) straight E10 fuel.
I was using 50-50 ethanol free 90 and premium 93 but in light of this chart
I think the gain is safety, while I experiment with my prop, is huge if using
the higher grade gasoline.

> But one set of data is of particular interest to me and would like to discuss
further:

> JohnFrance: Your claim of being able to cruise at 5100/28" at 135 kts
> (indicated?)
while still climb 5200/WOT at 65 kts is amazing and want to learn more.
I do have a DUC Swirl that makes similar claims and once I finish testing my
Woodcomp
(which is not looking very impressive so far) I will try the DUC. But
would like to learn more about this EProps V20.

> Great thread guys. this info is so important for those getting started with
> operating
a Europa. (my next topic will be fuels :) )