Europa-List: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Europa-List: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:36:44

Dear forum members,

As I continue to fly (got 20 hrs already so making good progress) and tweak my
new monowheel, I am trying to figure the best compromise adjustment for my
ground
adjustable prop with the 912ULS. After much research on the subject of prop
adjustment, power settings, etc (and all the debates that accompany that
information)
I decided that the best way for me to get good info on how to adjust
my prop is to gather some data from those who actually fly our aircraft.

The data I could use from the forum members is at what altitude, RPM, Manifold
Pressure you cruise at (again, with the 912 ULS). If you have a monowheel please
let me know your indicated or true airspeed (engine data is still relevant
for a tri gear). Fuel consumption would be helpful to get an additional data
point

It doesn't matter if you have a ground adjustable or VP prop. Please note I am
really interested in the RPM/MAP (and speed) combo so I can expect more data
that
includes MAP will come from those of you who have a VP prop and that will
still be relevant for me. But if you don't have MAP please share the info if you
want anyway (the RPM/speed correlation can be useful). Of course prop design
matters but I can't be too picky :) But check, that would be another interesting
data point.

BTW, really interesting data to complement this would be what your static RPM is
and RPM at initial climb out with the later being more important in my opinion.

Of course I plan on sharing whatever analysis I perform and its conclusions.

Best Regards,
Chris Martin.

Read this topic online here: