Europa-List: Mono touch and goes

Subject: Europa-List: Mono touch and goes
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:02:00
Delighted to say Delta Juliet got into the air yesterday after 5 1/2
months grounded with engine & Covid. Started with a couple of circuits
and touch and goes on Gloucester hard runway. Not sure I have ever
bothered with touch and goes in my Europa before, but found them very
challenging, effectively maximising the time spent in that uncertain
phase between good tail wheel authority and good rudder authority.
Probably the most demanding manoeuvre I have done in the plane. So my
message for anyone about to get their mono back in the air after a long
break is probably best to avoid T & Gs until you have got well back into
currency!

Enjoy, David Joyce, GXSDJ