Europa-List: Start 914 on A, B or both?

Subject: Europa-List: Start 914 on A, B or both?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:53:58

Hi Group
When starting a 914, is it worth it to start only on Ignition B where advance is
22 BTDC? This would be a little less advance compared to Ignition A where
advance
is 26 BTDC. Perhaps less chance of kickbacks?
I don't have soft start.
I have heavy duty starter, Earth-X 680C and Airmaster.
I don't have the very old 914 ignition modules with different RPM and timing at
lower RPMs, mine has pretty good wire strain relief from factory.

Or start on both A+B Ignitions?

Perhaps get engine cranking with ignition off till max starter RPM?

I have B&C SD20S on vacuum pad, is it worth it to start with field off?

I have a B&C AVC1 regulator for internal generator, is it worth it to start with
no power going to AVC1 which will keep internal generator dead?

Thx.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: