Europa-List: Charging Issues

Subject: Europa-List: Charging Issues
From: Craig Sweenie <craigjsweenie@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 06:26:19

Hi all,

I completed my 50 hours and a carb balance yesterday. Before the check I warmed
the engine with no issues; it was running a d operating well.

After the check, we rigged up the carb balancer using the aircraft battery to
power
it. After start I noticed that the Alternator warning light remained on and
voltage was about 12.5. We disconnected the balancer and used an external
battery
to power.

Issue remains. Raising the rpm to over 3000 would generally turn out the light
and the battery appeared to be charging again. Spent a few hours fault finding
but not sure Ive got to the bottom of it. All the wiring into the rectifier
regulator
appears sound.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.