Europa-List: Re: 1" interior dia hose for fuel tank bosses

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 1" interior dia hose for fuel tank bosses
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:51:37

Daniel,

I ordered this a few years ago:

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-inch-soft-wall-gas-oil-diesel-fuel-filler-hose-sold-per-inch/

But beware, I only had fuel in my tank 5-6 months and the exterior of this hose
is showing signs of degradation (exterior cracking, particularly at the ends).
I bought it about three years ago and was stored indoors so don't understand
why it is cracking. But it's not leaking. I wonder if I tightened them too much,
dunno.

Really not looking forward to trying to replace those hoses, particularly when
I haven't even flown the airplane yet. By looking at that area I even wonder if
the things will come out!!

Best Regards,
Chris
Chris