Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 02/19/21

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 3 Msgs - 02/19/21
From: Gary Leinberger <Gary.Leinberger@millersville.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 14:51:35

Yes - I have the Airmaster prop - and the High-top seems to be faster than the
stock configuration (I have talked with other Europa builders with the High-top
and they agree). We built the kit for the High-top ourselves - more frontal
area but faster? Streamlining is still a black art. But it sure is more
comfortable
and feels much more roomy - in the stock Europa I feel like I am driving
a 1957 Porsche Speedster with the top up. I also fly a Mooney M20 (1968) and
even though the width of the cockpits is exactly the same (44 inches with the
cutouts at shoulder height) the Mooney feels claustrophobic. Even the Boss (my
wife) would rather travel in the Europa. In the Mooney she does her co-piloting
---From the back seat.

Gary Leinberger Europa High-top
912S, A237