Europa-List: Side-slipping the Europa?

Subject: Europa-List: Side-slipping the Europa?
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 01:17:43

I use side-slipping occasionally on final approaches/flapped.  It can be a very
useful way to lose altitude more quickly than usual.

But I can't find anything in the Mono owners manual on best practice/limits for
side-slipping - can anyone enlighten me?  Specifically:

1) Could/should one side-slip right down to stall+5kts?
2) Are there side-slip performance differences between Mono and Tri-Gear?
3) Are there any side-slipping 'gotchas' that i should be aware of?

Clive Sutton
G-YETI

Read this topic online here: