Europa-List: Re: Vents

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Vents
From: Martin Olliver <martflynut@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 03:29:53

Hello Graeme.
 I have the same situation re air vents in my current Europa.
I fitted the round type in my previous Europa and they worked very well. As they
are no longer an option I think the best solution is the square type used by
the RV builders.
Has anyone any experience of how efficient they are and what position were they
fitted?
 In my last Europa I fitted the round type [Ultimate Ventilator] in the side
wall
aft of the panel. However the down side of this position was that on occasion
my headset mike would pick up wind whistle.
Has any one fitted the square RV type of vent in the overhead position? What if
any problems were found? I imagine Rain/water ingress could be a problem if the
aircraft is parked outside without a cover.

Read this topic online here: