Europa-List: Re: tacho ballast resistor question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: tacho ballast resistor question
From: Bill &amp; Sue <Billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 01:54:32

Quite so, using the 220 resistor will do no harm at all, and I'd be surprised if
there was any discernable difference between that and the 270 resistor.

DuaneFamly@aol.com wrote:
> Roland, go ahead and use the resist do you have. Theres  no concern with
> harming
the meter as the resistor is simply dampening the input signal a little bit.
The difference between the two will only make a minor difference in your
reading.
If you have access to an optical tachometer, you can verify your meter
reading, as meters do tend to vary a bit.
> Mike Duane N377EA
> Europa XS Conventional Gear
> Chandler, AZ, USA
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> >  On Jan 19, 2021, at 2:20 AM, Rowland Carson  wrote:
> >

> >  Im wiring my Europa XS with a 912ULS engine. I have fitted the
> > factory-supplied
UMA tacho and am also taking the engine tacho output to a MGL E-3 engine
instrument and a Smart Avionics CSC-1 prop controller.

> >  The UMA manual calls for a 270 resistor across the engine tacho output (if
the readings are erratic). The MGL manual calls for 220 (and one is supplied).

> >  With no electronics shops open nearby in lockdown, its going to be awkward
buying a single 270 resistor. Does anyone know if using the 220 resistor Ive
got would make the UMA tacho unhappy? And conversely, would using a 270 make the
MGL instrument unhappy?

> >  in friendship
> >
> >  Rowland
> >
> >  | Rowland Carson          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
> >  |             http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
> >  | Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson      Facebook: Rowland Carson

Read this topic online here: