Europa-List: Re: Airmaster brushes

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster brushes
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 01:29:53

I replaced the original brushes after 266 hours by precaution. Now I have 1338
hours on the prop. So the second set of brushes has done 1072 hours and is still
working flawlessly. I check them periodically. Last check was done at 1190
prop hours and the shortest brush was still protuding 3,9 mm. It is obvious that
the brushes wear quickly at the beginning and when they get shorter, the
decreased
spring pressure dramatically reduces the rate of wear. At the end, it
seems they will last forever.
However I believe I am close to reaching the limit now. I carry a set of spare
brushes in the aircraft. Replacing them is not difficult. Just follow the
instructions
of the Airmaster Manual.
Remi
F-PGKL