Re: Europa-List: B-nut loosening on oil fittings?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: B-nut loosening on oil fittings?
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 09:32:23

I've had them loosen enough not to be obviously loose (still seemed tight) but
enough to enable air to be sucked in giving a jumpy oil pressure gauge reading
(needle repeatedly flicking down to about 5 psi below normal indication; a
mechanical
gauge used to check this was yet more violent). I think the leakage had
more to do with the machining accuracy of the ball fitting rather than the
complete tightness of the nut per se.
I've seen others' that were loose, but may not have been tightened sufficiently
after intervention (thermostat fitting).

Duncan McF.

> On 24 December 2020 at 02:43 rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Group Has anyone ever had a B-nut loosen on a Rotax oil system? I have some
external retaining rings I can push onto the radiator and oil tank B-nuts and
safety wire, but wondering if I need or want to do so? Thx. Ron P.