Europa-List: Re: rubber replacement

Subject: Europa-List: Re: rubber replacement
From: Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 11:43:44

Hi Paul,
There is no 5 yearly requirement to change all the rubber parts on your permit
aircraft. Rotax mandates a 5 year replacement of rubber parts on the engine, but
this would only be mandatory on aircraft on a C of A. I'm not sure where this
5 year replacement of all the airframe fuel system pipes comes from either.
If it was a mandatory requirement to change the rubber parts on either a LAA
or BMAA aircraft there would be a mandatory permit directive telling you to do
so. There is how ever MPD 1998-019 which is a mandatory permit directive which
your inspector should carry out at every permit renewal inspection. MPD 1998-019
is an inspection of all flexible fuel lines on the aircraft and engine. So
any U/S pipes should be picked up then.
Saying that it wouldnt be a good idea to leave your fuel system to the point of
failure. But you can spread the work out instead of doing it in one hit. You
could prioritise engine parts one year and aircraft another.
I did change all my fuel lines last year and it was a pain. I'm doing Oil lines
this year. Carb parts were replaced last summer. Fuel pump changed the year
before.

Matt

Read this topic online here: