RE: Europa-List: rubber replacement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: rubber replacement
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 13:57:10
Hi Steve,

I agree that the fuel lines are more critical.  If we all changed to silico
n for the coolant and SAE 30-R14 spec fuel hoses (or -R9 if you don
=99t mind stiffer hoses) it would largely solve the problem of ethanol atta
cking the fuel hoses.

If the hoses are inspected carefully each annual for surface cracking or si
gns of becoming =9Cstiff=9D I would personally be happy to go b
eyond 5 years but that is clearly a decision for each owner and his inspect
or in the UK.

Regards

Brian