Europa-List: Re: Door and Windscreen Glass

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Door and Windscreen Glass
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 14:35:01

Thanks all for the good advice and experiences.

I trimmed for a nice gap all around and had several dry-runs before applying the
glue.  Also hot glued some spacers onto the door to aid accurate location of
the glass.  Worked out ok.

Bud
I removed all the gel-coat from the door flange and also rounded the outside
edge
of the glass.  I used a rounded lolly stick to remove the excess redux and
formed a nice fillet between the outside edge of the door and the glass.
The height difference between the door and glass is quite small, about 0.5mm.
Looking at it with a straight edge across the from the door to glass, I am
hoping
the filler when applied across the join and sanded will just transition up
onto the rounded edge of the glass.
Fingers crossed.

--------
Regards