Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 10/09/20

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 10/09/20
From: Gary Leinberger <Gary.Leinberger@millersville.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:15:55
Re: Can I turn off Mode C transponder and ADS-B when soaring?

With the help of Bud Yerly we put a secondary battery in the tail (for w&b)
. Then I have a soaring switch set up that runs off the secondary battery t
o run my transponder, radio and my Stratus. That way I don't run down my ma
in (starting) battery. I have found that even with the higher compression 9
12S, a dive up to about 90 - 100 almost starts the Airmaster prop (once I m
ove it out of feathering) - a touch on the starter and I am motoring again.

Gary Leinberger
Lancaster, Pa (USA)
Europa XL Hightop
912 S