Europa-List: Re: Stabilator play

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stabilator play
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 18:50:58

Pete,
Please do not allow any play between the two stabilators.

I personally remove my torque tube and machine replacement zero clearance pins
that require freezing in dry ice and insertion when in place.  They fit very
tight,
but require machining, exact measurement, and a generous access hole to
work in.  But it has held for 14 years.

Because you are most likely in Europe (SE-xxx) simply go on the Europa Club
website
and have your mechanic look to the method he prefers for stabilator pin
replacement.
This site is a wealth of information and as an owner operator as
well as maintainer, this is an excellent place to start to fix the woes of the
aging aircraft, speed construction, and allow you to create a truly custom
aircraft
you can have confidence in.

I personally like 11969 alternate modification.  Even when confronted with the
small access hole, it is possible to do.  I built a similar fix in the US and
found the method was acceptable, but I do prefer to do stab work on the bench
rather than in the aircraft.  Reason is, much measuring and sizing of the hole
should be done to allow the bolt to pin as well as clamp.

Fix it right and have a trouble free aircraft.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.

Read this topic online here: