Europa-List: Regarding raising the nose wheel - 9/27/2020

Subject: Europa-List: Regarding raising the nose wheel - 9/27/2020
From: Gary Leinberger <Gary.Leinberger@millersville.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 13:40:03

My advice for this is from Bud Yerly - Put chocks under the main gear on both
front
and rear of the wheels. Use rope and four cinder blocks - two on each side.
Take the stabs off. Run the ropes through each two block set - (one block fore
and aft of the stab control shaft). The first time you will have to adjust
the length of the ropes to get the nose wheel where you want it. The blocks
should
just hit the ground - it adds to the stability.  Put the two sets of cinder
blocks on - and it will pick up the nose wheel right where you want (after
adjustment of the ropes). Works very well and goes well with my other precision
Europa tools (the carpeted bench to lay on when working across the baggage
area in the rear, and my wooden stand to hold up the tail when I am working in
the rear.

Gary Leinberger
A237 -
Europa High-top Trigear