Re: Europa-List: Re: How to properly hoist a Europa Trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: How to properly hoist a Europa Trigear
From: Erik Dahlbäck <erik@erikdahlbeck.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 11:57:33

Many thanks, Bud

Last week me and our local mechanic used just that tube/bar into the
wheel method and it worked great for getting the mains off and back on.
This week it's time for the nose wheel.

Now, my Europa has a self-retracting (spring-loaded) tail tie-down. I'm
unsure whether this is standard or something that the builder came up
with himself (as I recall, it might be custom for this a/c individual).
Any idea if such a tie-down would be safe to use for raising the nose gear?

I'll sure check with the builder as well, but any thoughts would be welcome.

/ Erik

On 2020-09-27 00:14, budyerly@msn.com wrote:

> In my effort to prepare info for second hand owners of the Europa, I found the
following info I did some time ago.

> I quickly updated it to add some newer information for folks to consider as
> most
A&P mechanics have no idea what to do with a Europa when the pilot/owner non
builder is confronted with something as simple as a tire change or annual
service.