Re: Europa-List: Removing a starter on a classic?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing a starter on a classic?
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 11:07:47

Hi Pete,
I recall you do to allow enough room for the starter spline to withdraw. Also to
get at the top bolt. Have a go first, nothing ventured nothing gained. I have
had to replace my starter with the Rotax HD starter as I have the Rotax 912
100hp ULS. Starter too small to start engine during Winter. Had to make a slight
alteration to engine frame to accommodate the longer new starter.
Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton
CHRISTCHURCH 8052
Hom 03315166

> On 21/07/2020, at 10:29, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
> For the classic owners out there,
>
> With my engine out, but the mount frame still on the engine, is it possible to
remove the starter to give it a service/inspection (while the engine is out)?
Or must the engine frame be removed?