Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 13:44:58

We installed solid wire throttle cables during our initial build. We did it
because
there were a couple instances where pilots tried to add throttle quickly
and the wire cables kinked in the throttle box and jammed.

 We tried to purchase piano wire to fit in the Europa supplied cables but we
were
unable to straighten it so that it worked properly.  We purchased complete
cables from Aircraft Spruce and have never had a problem.  We did have to devise
fittings at each end.   As Gilles points out, our carbs stay in sync from year
to year too.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: