Re: Europa-List: LAA Rally

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LAA Rally
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 16:55:47
First  thought is government acceptance of gatherings and size however
that s pretty obvious comment I guess.

Personally I think that a Rally should be arranged although perhaps it
might differ slightly, that said as a community we should be allowed to
exercise our own common sense about where we go and whom we meet.

Many airfields are opening on that basis and while numbers are smaller
it appears to be working.

Shuttleworth I note are opening their Gardens.

The prospect of us flying abroad even for a LFAT Lunch are small at the
moment and I think Pilots would welcome opportunity for some form of
gathering.

Might need to manage numbers in some way.

I don=99t think we can do it with ZOOM.

Alan Burrill

> On 6 Jun 2020, at 16:44, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> We have been asked as a club to give our views on whether and how we
want to participate in the LAA Rally this year. We would be glad to have
your views on what sort of presence the club could reasonably plan and
indeed whether it  is sensible to plan to have a Rally at all, given
that the virus is likely to still be rumbling along, a vaccine still
some time away and international travel still quite possibly
restricted.