Re: Europa-List: Instrument Panel Advice re placement on Firewall option

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument Panel Advice re placement on Firewall options
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 18:08:35

Nearly 1000 hours no problems

Kevin Challis
G ODJG

> On 23 Apr 2020, at 06:25, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Gidday,
> I have my instrument panel such that it sits on small rubber mounts, the type
that is a 1/2 wide rubber mount with a flat washer either side, which have
centrally
located threaded 1/4 shanks out each side. These ones are pretty hard
though, hard to tell if they would do much. With these in place my panel will
be suspended on them, and sit somewhat on a small soft rubber pad on top of my
tunnel. I am wondering if I should be bothered, whether I should ditch this idea
and mount the panel to the firewall directly like I believe the instructions
dictate. Im keen on knowing what people think of attempts to isolate the high
frequency vibration, whether it's worth the effort. I am going to have an
electronic
panel as best as I can, and my sub panels screw straight onto lugs on
my panel carcass. Ive also been advised to cut the lip off the top of the panel
which I have addressed by building an inverted, internal flange, so I can
do this, but other than weight saving Im w!
> ondering if that is a common thing to do. It wouldnt hurt to put my panel
> forward
an extra 1/2 but its not an imperative, and I do already have the mounts
attached to the firewall, albeit with nylocs on the engine side, to be changed
for conventional nuts before I go too far and forget.