Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Wing Rigging Jig for Solo rigging - suggestio

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Wing Rigging Jig for Solo rigging - suggestions???
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:27:51

Hi Italian Jon, UK Jon here...!     I solo-rig mine every time from a standard
factory open trailer using a glider-style rigging aid/ trolley.  The wing
carrier
on the trolley is pivoted to rotate the wing from the vertical to horizontal
& VV.   I lift the wing tip out of the trailer cradle into the trolley then
wheel the wing around holding the spar end.   When the wing is horizontal I
stand
to the rear of the spar and hold it with one hand on the spar and the other
hand on the rear edge of the flat.   Nice and stable to manage.   I slide the
spar into the fuselage using the spar guides for it to run along.   I move
the wing in as far as possible then go to the tip to push it fully home.

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono

Read this topic online here: