Europa-List: Screws for top engine cowling

Subject: Europa-List: Screws for top engine cowling
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:49:56

My aircraft was originally built as a Classic and more recently converted to
Neville
Eyre engine cowlings, while I continue to use the same kind of captive nuts
and screws ( 23 off ) as before.

I have a considerable assortment of screwdrivers and several different styles of
Phillips screwdriver tips, yet even with considerable care and not using an
electric driver, it doesn't take too many re-fastenings before the slots in the
screw heads become worn out.

I have two questions. Although the builder's manual describes the screws as EU
11, what is the correct part number in the LAS Aerospace catalogue, or any other
source, for me to use when ordering the short screws? Which Phillips tip is
the best to use with these screws?

Thanks, Jonathan

Read this topic online here: